Please read thoroughly as it is vital you understand the changes in travel due to COVID-19.It is YOUR responsibility to understand these guidelines and follow through accordingly. We don’t want you to get turned back at airport in Honolulu!
Travelers who successfully complete a pre-travel test will not be subject to the state’s 10-day quarantine program. The test has to be taken 72 hours before the final leg of departure AND the negative COVID-19 test result uploaded to the Safe Travels platform or printed out and in hand PRIOR to departure to Hawai‘i in order to avoid the 10-day quarantine. FDA-approved NAAT tests, processed by a CLIA-certified laboratory are the only types of coronavirus tests currently approved by the state of Hawai‘i. The state of Hawai‘i will ONLY accept test results from these TRUSTED TESTING AND TRAVEL PARTNERS: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners/
All adults (18 years and older) must register on the state of Hawaii Safe Travels digital system. You will be required to upload your negative pre-travel test result and answer a health questionnaire 24 hours prior to your departure. It is mandatory that each person in the group have a Safe Travels Account (children traveling with an adult should be included in the adult’s Safe Travels’ form).
For more info, please visit: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/faqs/
Please check the CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/testing.html) for information on where you can be tested in your local area.
All individuals within the City shall wear face coverings while outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of six (6) feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible. Face coverings under this Order may not be worn only under the following circumstances:
· Within banks, financial institutions, or using automated teller machines where the inability to verify the identity of the customer or visitor of the bank, financial institution or automated teller machine poses a security risk;
· By individuals with medical conditions or disabilities where the wearing of a face covering may pose a health or safety risk to the individual;
· By individuals engaging in physical activity outdoors where physical distancing can be maintained (e.g., walking, jogging, hiking, etc.);
· By children under the age of 5
We recommend travelers add Red Sky travel insurance to their reservation. Please review the following which provides clarity about travel insurance coverage and testing before travel to Hawaii.
1. If a traveler tests positive for COVID-19 in their pre-departure CLIA provided test for the COVID-19 virus and they subsequently share the positive test results with their physician, they ARE entitled to a trip cancellation reimbursement as long as they submit the written test results and an Attending Physician Statement stating the diagnosis of COVID-19 and formal written restrictions against travel.
2. If a traveler fails a temperature test and is denied boarding their flight due to the temperature test failure, they AREN’T entitled to a trip cancellation reimbursement due to the temperature test failure alone. If a traveler fails a temperature test and is denied boarding their flight due to the temperature test failure they ARE entitled to a trip cancellation reimbursement if subsequent to failing the temperature test they visit a physician and receive a diagnosis of any sickness (including COVID-19). To qualify for a trip cancellation reimbursement in this scenario the insured guest must submit an Attending Physician Statement with a stated diagnosis of a disease (including COVID-19) and a formal written restriction against travel.
3. Those without travel insurance who test positive for COVID-19 in their pre-departure CLIA provided test will be responsible for full payment of their reservation (less fees).
For more information about the Red Sky Travel Insurance policy, please click here: Red Sky Travel Insurance Info.
Captain Cook Resorts is closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19. In response to this global crisis, we have taken extra measures to ensure the health and safety for our guests, homeowners, and our staff.
Captain Cook Resorts has extremely high standards for cleanliness in our properties. Our goal is always to ensure the health and safety for our guests, homeowners, and our staff. While we have always taken the proper precautions and employed comprehensive cleaning procedures between each guest stay, we have now developed even more rigorous sanitization and disinfection protocols following guidelines laid out by the World Health Organization, CDC, and EPA.
We've Raised the Bar for Our Cleaning Standards to Help Keep You Safe
Because the health and safety of our guests will always be our top priority, Captain Cook Resorts has added the state-of-the-art electrostatic spraying process to our rigorous cleaning, sanitization and disinfection protocols to give you and your family peace of mind during your vacation.
The electrostatic spray application is vital in killing viruses, as it adheres the disinfectant to surfaces instead of absorbing into them. The solution air dries so it remains in place until the surface is touched again. The disinfectant works in every room of your vacation rental, including high touch electrical items like remotes and light switches. Although it is a powerful disinfectant, it is completely safe to use around children. Captain Cook Resort is doing everything in its power to protect you and your family.
You may rest assured that our linens and towels are professionally cleaned using the highest possible water temperature or in a commercial laundry with soaps and sanitization needed for proper laundering. We hope our commitment to providing the most well-maintained and clean properties gives you peace of mind.
Our property managers will provide “contact-free” check-ins and follow social distancing protocols, including the use of face masks and limited physical contact when attending to trouble or maintenance calls.
If you have additional questions, please to reach out to us by phone from 9am to 5pm HST at (800) 854-8843 or (808) 738-5508 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org