Travel Alert: Travelers must have negative COVID-19 test results (from a trusted testing partner) in hand PRIOR TO DEPARTURE. Without test results, you will be subject to quarantine (which can only be done in a hotel or a vacation rental of 30 or more days). No exceptions.
During a press conference on November 19, Governor David Ige announced that starting November 24, travelers wishing to bypass the 14-day mandatory quarantine must have their negative COVID-19 test results - from a trusted testing partner - prior to departure for the State of Hawaii.
IMPORTANT: If test results are not available before boarding the final leg of the trip, the traveler must quarantine for 14 days or the length of the stay, whichever is shorter. Travelers will not be able to avoid the 14-day quarantine even if they receive a post-departure negative test.
The new policy applies to domestic transpacific flights and international flights departing from locations in which the State of Hawaii pre-testing programs are in place.
Update to the State of Hawai’i quarantine requirements as of October 13, 2020:
Beginning October 15, passengers who successfully complete a pre-travel test will not be subject to the state’s 14-day quarantine program. FDA-approved NAAT tests, processed by a CLIA-certified laboratory are the only types of coronavirus tests currently approved by the State of Hawaii.
IMPORTANT: The State of Hawaii will accept test results ONLY from TRUSTED TESTING AND TRAVEL PARTNERS: AFC Urgent Care Portland, Bartell Drugs, Carbon Health, City Health Urgent Care, Color, CVS Health, Discovery Health MD, Kaiser Permanente, Quest Diagnostics, Vault Health and Walgreens (as of 10/16/20).
Antibody or antigen test will NOT be accepted. If you take the wrong test, you will be required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Minors five years and older must take the pre-travel test. (Minors four years and younger do NOT need to take the pre-travel test.)
When to take the test? Within 72 hours from the final leg of departure. If you have a multi-city itinerary, it’s the departure time at the last city before arriving at a Hawaii airport.
You will upload your negative result on your Safe Travels account. 24 hours prior to boarding your flight, log on your Safe Travels account and answer a health questionnaire and receive a QR code.
Please keep this negative test result with you as you may be asked to show your negative test result upon checking in at your hotel or motel accommodations.
This is a pre-travel testing program. If you did NOT take the test prior to your departure, you will be required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Your lodging must be in a hotel or motel, and you will only be able to leave your accommodations for a medical emergency.
All adults (18 years and older) must register on the state of Hawaii Safe Travels digital system. You will be required to upload your negative pre-travel test result and answer a health questionnaire 24 hours prior to your departure. It is mandatory that each person in the group have a Safe Travels Account (children traveling with an adult should be included in the adult’s Safe Travels’ form).
For more info, visit https://ets.hawaii.gov/travelhelp/.
Please check the CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/testing.html) for information on where you can be tested in your local area.
All individuals within the City shall wear face coverings while outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of six (6) feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible. Face coverings under this Order may not be worn only under the following circumstances:
· Within banks, financial institutions, or using automated teller machines where the inability to verify the identity of the customer or visitor of the bank, financial institution or automated teller machine poses a security risk;
· By individuals with medical conditions or disabilities where the wearing of a face covering may pose a health or safety risk to the individual;
· By individuals engaging in physical activity outdoors where physical distancing can be maintained (e.g., walking, jogging, hiking, etc.);
· By children under the age of 5
We recommend travelers add Red Sky travel insurance to their reservation. Please review the following which provides clarity about travel insurance coverage and testing before travel to Hawaii.
1. If a traveler tests positive for COVID-19 in their pre-departure CLIA provided test for the COVID-19 virus and they subsequently share the positive test results with their physician, they ARE entitled to a trip cancellation reimbursement as long as they submit the written test results and an Attending Physician Statement stating the diagnosis of COVID-19 and formal written restrictions against travel.
2. If a traveler fails a temperature test and is denied boarding their flight due to the temperature test failure, they AREN’T entitled to a trip cancellation reimbursement due to the temperature test failure alone. If a traveler fails a temperature test and is denied boarding their flight due to the temperature test failure they ARE entitled to a trip cancellation reimbursement if subsequent to failing the temperature test they visit a physician and receive a diagnosis of any sickness (including COVID-19). To qualify for a trip cancellation reimbursement in this scenario the insured guest must submit an Attending Physician Statement with a stated diagnosis of a disease (including COVID-19) and a formal written restriction against travel.
3. Those without travel insurance who test positive for COVID-19 in their pre-departure CLIA provided test will be responsible for full payment of their reservation (less fees).
For more information about the Red Sky Travel Insurance policy, please click here: Red Sky Travel Insurance Info.
Captain Cook Resorts is closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19. In response to this global crisis, we have taken extra measures to ensure the health and safety for our guests, homeowners, and our staff.
Captain Cook Resorts has extremely high standards for cleanliness in our properties. Our goal is always to ensure the health and safety for our guests, homeowners, and our staff. While we have always taken the proper precautions and employed comprehensive cleaning procedures between each guest stay, we have now developed even more rigorous sanitization and disinfection protocols following guidelines laid out by the World Health Organization, CDC, and EPA.
We've Raised the Bar for Our Cleaning Standards to Help Keep You Safe
Because the health and safety of our guests will always be our top priority, Captain Cook Resorts has added the state-of-the-art electrostatic spraying process to our rigorous cleaning, sanitization and disinfection protocols to give you and your family peace of mind during your vacation.
The electrostatic spray application is vital in killing viruses, as it adheres the disinfectant to surfaces instead of absorbing into them. The solution air dries so it remains in place until the surface is touched again. The disinfectant works in every room of your vacation rental, including high touch electrical items like remotes and light switches. Although it is a powerful disinfectant, it is completely safe to use around children. Captain Cook Resort is doing everything in its power to protect you and your family.
You may rest assured that our linens and towels are professionally cleaned using the highest possible water temperature or in a commercial laundry with soaps and sanitization needed for proper laundering. We hope our commitment to providing the most well-maintained and clean properties gives you peace of mind.
Our property managers will provide “contact-free” check-ins and follow social distancing protocols, including the use of face masks and limited physical contact when attending to trouble or maintenance calls.
If you have additional questions, please to reach out to us by phone from 9am to 5pm HST at (800) 854-8843 or (808) 738-5508 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org