1. What is included in the price quote?
Your all-inclusive quote is given in U.S. dollars, and includes:
• Base Rental Amount
• Reservation Fee (Non-refundable)
• Accidental Damage Program (Non-refundable. Covers some types of accidental damage)
• Departure Cleaning
• State/Local Taxes (14.962%).
2. What time is check-in and check-out?
• Check-in is 3pm (15:00). To guarantee check-in earlier than 3pm, guests must reserve the night prior to arrival.
• Check out is 11am (11:00).
If you need to store your baggage/luggage, prior to check-in or check-out you many find a few options here:
3. What items are included in my condo?
When you rent a privately owned vacation condominium, it’s as if you are a guest in someone's home.
Your rental includes:
• Bed linens, bath, beach & kitchen towels, dishes, silverware, cookware (including tea kettle & rice cooker)
• Beach chairs
• Hair dryer, iron & ironing board
• Several days’ supply of coffee filters, laundry detergent, dish soap, dishwasher soap, bar soap, 2oz each of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion, paper goods (paper towels, tissue, toilet paper), and basic cleaning supplies. Additional sundry and food items are available local markets and grocery stores, for example, Safeway, at 888 Kapahulu Avenue, or Costco at 525 Alakawa Street (between the airport and Waikiki).
• Beach umbrellas, beach toys, aluminum foil, Zip-Lock baggies, coffee, condiments, seasonings, cooking oil, fabric softener, bleach, and hand lotion.
4. Is full payment required at time of booking?
• If you book 46 days or more days from your arrival (60 days prior to your arrival for monthly rentals), a $300 payment (applied to rent) is required to confirm your booking. The remaining balance is due 45 days prior to your arrival date (60 days prior to arrival for monthly rentals) and will be automatically charged to the credit card we have on file.
• If you book within 45 days of your arrival (or within 60 days of arrival for monthly rentals), full payment is required at time of booking.
5. What is your cancellation policy?
• If a reservation is cancelled more than 45 days prior to arrival (60 days prior to arrival for monthly rentals), there is a $100 cancellation fee.
• If a reservation is cancelled within 45 days of arrival (60 days prior to arrival for monthly rentals), there are no refunds unless we are able to re-rent the property for part or all of the dates of your reservation.
6. How do I make a reservation online?
The quickest way to secure your vacation rental is to book online right away! Once you have found a property on our web site that you’d like to reserve and determined it is available for your dates, follow the prompts from the "Complete Quote/BOOK it NOW!" button which will lead you through the booking process.
7. How far in advance can I make a reservation?
Reservations can be up to 12 months in advance.
8. What Waikiki vacation rentals are available for my dates? How can I get an online price quote?
To view the vacation rentals available for your dates and receive price quotes, enter the date of your arrival and departure, the number of people in your party, and then select SEARCH to review the results.
9. What is the minimum length of stay?
The minimum stay for most condos is 3 nights; for monthly rentals, the minimum stay is 30 nights.
10. Is the $300 I pay when I make my reservation refundable if I cancel my reservation?
• The $300 is a downpayment toward your balance and not a refundable deposit.
If you cancel a reservation 46 or more days from the date of your arrival, $200 will be refunded. There is a $100 cancellation fee.
• Refunds are not given for cancelations occurring within 45 days of arrival unless we are able to re-rent the property for part or all of the dates of your reservation.
11. What does Vacation Rental Insurance cover?
Vacation Rental Insurance helps to cover losses incurred in the event of trip cancellation, trip interruption or delay, baggage delay, accidental death and dismemberment, and emergency services. Complete details for Vacation Rental Insurance
12. What happens if I cancel my reservation within 45 days of arrival and did not purchase the optional Vacation Rental Insurance?
• The Limited Accidental Damage Waiver (LADW) fee, reservation fee, and departure cleaning fee will be refunded and we will attempt to re-rent the unused portion of your reservation. If successful, we will issue a refund for those nights we are able to re-rent. Refunds may be less than the actual revenue paid.
• If we are unsuccessful in re-renting the unit, there will be no refund.
• We recommend Vacation Rental Insurance to help cover losses incurred when having to cancel your reservation.
13. Can I pay with cash or money order?
Payment is accepted using the following credit cards only:
• American Express
• JCB (Japanese Credit Bureau).
14. What are the “other fees and charges?”
Fees and charges include an administrative reservation fee, a non-refundable Limited Accidental Damage Waiver (LADW) and departure cleaning. Where some hotels and vacation rentals lump these fees into their rental rate, we prefer to itemize them for your records.
15. What is the Accidental Damage Program (ADP)? Is that optional? Is the fee refundable if there are no damages?
The Accidental Damage Program fee is non-refundable. Even when on vacation, accidents can and do happen. The non-refundable Accidental Damage Program fee ($39 - $99, depending on property), handles the cost of accidental damage repair (up to $1000-$5000, depending on property) to the property or to the personal property of the Owner contained within the premises, by the Principal Guest and all members of the Principal Guest’s party and guests of same during their stay. Accidental damage MUST BE REPORTED PRIOR TO CHECK-OUT. Accidental damage exceeding this limit IS the responsibility of the Principal Guest.
The Principal Guest is responsible if damage occurs due to the following exclusions which are not viewed as accidental:
1) intentional, willful, reckless, or malicious acts of the Principal Guest or others on the premises during the tenancy
2) damage by pets
3) removal of Owner's property from premises without specific permission from Owner or Owner's Property Manager
4) gross negligence of Principal Guest or his party, or intentional misuse of furnishings, appliances, equipment, or other amenities provided with the home
5) damage caused while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
6) damages to real property resulting from operation of any motorized vehicle by a Principal Guest.
16. We plan on renting a car. Is parking included?
While most of our vacation rental condos include parking, some do not, and in some locations, parking is available for an additional fee. Please refer to the individual unit descriptions to see if parking is included.
17. My flight arrives early in the day. Can I make arrangements to check-in early?
Because another guest may check out the same day you check in, we’re unable to guarantee an early check-in unless you reserve the unit for an additional day. By reserving the unit for an additional day, you’ll be able to check in any time after 8am on your day of arrival.
18. Can I request a late check-out?
You may request a late check-out, however because another guest may check in the same day you check out, we are unable to guarantee a late check-out unless you reserve the unit for an additional day.
19. What is the procedure for picking up keys and checking in?
We ask that you call your property manager before heading to the condo to arrange a meeting time at the condo for your personal check-in. Your property manager's ontact information will be on your Arrival Instructions emailed to you with your Final Confirmation.
20. Can 5 people stay in a condo that says “sleeps 4?”
No. The capacity of the condo is based on size of condo, bedding, linen, wear and tear, utilities, etc.
21. What if there’s a problem in the condo during my stay?
If you need assistance during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact your property manager. In case of emergency, our representative is available 24-hours a day. Contact numbers are in each condo. We want your stay to be so wonderful; you’ll recommend us to all your friends!
22. Is there daily maid and/or laundry service included with my rental?
No, there are not daily maid/laundry services. A privately owned vacation rental is similar to your own home. If you wish to inquire about adding a mid-stay cleaning, please contact our reservation office.
23. Smoking is not allowed in the units, but can I smoke on the lanai/balcony?
No. All properties are designated as "Non-smoking accommodations," which include the lanais/balconies. Each building has a designated smoking area.
24. Do you offer grocery service?
Safeway offers delivery to your condo - and if you are a new customer, your first delivery is FREE! Visit: Shop.Safeway.Com
25. Do you recommend a car rental agency?
Rental cars are available at the airport and in Waikiki from all of the top car rental agencies (Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National).
26. How far is Waikiki from the airport? What is the cost for shuttles/taxis from the airport?
Waikiki is about 8 miles from the airport. Taxis are around $40, or you can use one of the many shuttle services which run approximately $10 per person, one way.
27. Do you provide cribs, Pak ‘n Plays, or rollaway beds?
While these items are not provided, we can rent them for you. Please contact our reservation office for rates.
28. Can I BBQ on my lanai?
Due to fire hazard, grilling on lanais/balconies is prohibited. Many condominiums have recreation areas that include grills for your use.
29. Can you store my luggage until I have to leave for the airport?
No. Privately owned vacation rentals do not have provision for storing luggage. Many guests with a late departure choose to rent for one more night so they can spend most of the day in the condo and leave for the airport at their convenience.
If you do need to store your luggage, you many find a few options here:
30. What time of year can I find the lowest priced vacation rentals?
To get the most value from your vacation dollar, consider planning your vacation during the Value Season which runs from April 1 to May 31 and from September 1 to November 30th.
31. Do you rent condos anywhere other than Waikiki – like the outer islands, for example?
No. All of our privately owned vacation rentals are located in Waikiki and the Diamond Head/Gold Coast areas of Oahu.
32. If I rent a condo at Waikiki Shore, can I use the pool at the Outrigger next door?
No. Our Waikiki Shore units do not include pool privileges at the Outrigger.
33. How do I know your vacation rentals are legitimate?
Captain Cook Resorts is part of Captain Cook Real Estate, a full service Honolulu real estate company founded in 1991. Our reservation office is in Honolulu at 1012 Kapahulu Avenue. Our loyal customers are our best referral system so please read the reviews on our website and check our A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau website! Feel free to check us out with the BBB, the Hawaii Real Estate Commission or the Honolulu Board of Realtors. We’re proud to offer great vacation rentals and are committed to making your stay inviting and relaxing! Give us a call (808-738-5507)!