- PROPERTY DETAILS & AVAILABILITY
- PRICE & RESERVE
Colony Surf #908 - Ocean and Diamond Head views from quiet end of Waikiki Beachfront!
Colony Surf #908
Studio for 3 guests (max. 3)2895 Kalakaua Ave #908, Honolulu
Colony Surf #908 – 2895 Kalakaua Ave
(30-Night Minimum. ALL MONTHLY RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL. Preference given to calendar month bookings.)
This sunny, 540 sq.ft. tropical décor studio has wonderful views of the Pacific Ocean and Diamond Head! During winter months, you can even spot whales! The oceanfront Colony Surf is on the prestigious Gold Coast of Waikiki with a quiet swimming beach just outside your door! 3-person max.
You'll have the convenience of world-famous Michel's restaurant on-site, Kapiolani Park right across the street, and you're just a short walk or quick drive into Waikiki! Bus service is available to Waikiki, groceries and shops in the area.
CONSTRUCTION NOTICE: Colony Surf will be undergoing a concrete spalling repair and walkway carpet replacement project through April 28, 2023. Work hours are Monday–Friday, 8AM–4:30PM, excluding holidays (11/11/22, 11/24–25/22, 12/26/22–1/2/23, 1/16/23, 2/20/23, 4/7/23). This will entail loud jackhammering and grinding noises, and covering walkways in plastic for dust containment, and it is highly suggested to keep your windows closed during work hours to avoid dust coming in to your condo. Work schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Unit #908 will be directly affected by the concrete spalling repairs on the exterior of all 08 & 09 units from August 15–October 28, 2022, and by the 9th floor walkway repairs September 26–October 4, 2022. Quote rates include a 40% discount off affected weekdays!
– 40" Smart TV
– Bose CD player
– Dining for 4
– 1 Queen Bed and 1 Full-size Murphy bed
– Ceiling fan (all Colony Surf suites are NOT air-conditioned!)
– White brushed pine wood laminate flooring throughout
– Plantation shutter open to gorgeous Ocean View
– Full Kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher, and built-in microwave
– Quartz counters and Shaker-style maple cabinets with white frosted glass door inlays
– Shower (no tub) with handheld shower wand
– Quartz counters, Shaker-style maple cabinets, and floor-to-ceiling closets with plantation-style sliding doors
– Personal sized stacked Washer/Dryer
YOUR RENTAL INCLUDES:
– FREE Parking for 1 vehicle, subject to availability, may be made available upon advance request
– FREE Wi-Fi (60-200 Mbps download; 10 Mbps upload)
– FREE long distance calls to US Mainland and Canada
NO Pets, NO Parties, NO Smoking or Vaping (including in the condo, on the balcony/lanai, or in any of the building's public spaces). Violations are subject to a $500 fine, plus actual costs for odor removal or if anything needs replacement due to tar, ashes, or burns.
CHECK-IN IS 3PM — CHECK-OUT IS 11AM
Since another guest may check out the same day you arrive, to guarantee an early Check-In, reserve the condo for the night prior to arrival. For same-day reservations, Check-In Time is guaranteed for 5PM.
No Pets, No Parties, No Smoking or Vaping (including in the condo, on the balcony/lanai, or in any of the building's public spaces). Violations are subject to a $500 fine, plus actual costs for odor removal or if anything needs replacement due to tar, ashes, or burns.
ALL CAPTAIN COOK RESORTS RENTALS INCLUDE:
– Bath towels, Beach towels, Bed linens
– Dishes, Silverware, Cookware (including tea kettle & rice cooker)
– Beach chairs, Hair dryer, Iron/Ironing board
– Start-Up Supplies: coffee filters, laundry detergent, dish soap, dishwasher soap, bar soap, paper towels, toilet paper, tissue, basic cleaning supplies, and travel size (2 oz.) shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion
– NOT PROVIDED: beach umbrellas, beach toys, aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, coffee, condiments/seasonings, cooking oil, fabric softener, or bleach. This private vacation rental does NOT include resort services such as daily housekeeping, replenishment of towels or toiletry supplies, or hotel front desk services.
Tax ID: TA-032-685-0560-01
- Address 2895 Kalakaua Ave #908, Honolulu
- Parking Not all condos include free parking. Please see property Description above for details.
- Floor 9
- Elevator Yes
- Bathroom 1
- Area 540 ft2
- Beds 1 Queen, 1 Double/Full Bed
Reviews for this property
We love staying here every July!Valerie V. from Grinnell United States, 02. August 2022 Stayed for 30 days in July, 2022
Every July we look forward to staying in 908 which has stunning views, natural air cooling (breezes through the condo), all the amenities we need to live comfortably including a full kitchen and washing machine and dryer. The parking space is of course invaluable. And the location! I swim every morning at Kaimana Beach, just down the stairs, and this summer could check on the baby monk seal and its mother regularly. We also love entertaining friends (two at a time!) who also greatly enjoy the views and ambience.
Byron was extremely attentive to our needs and responded very quickly. We hope to continue staying here regularly.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate02. August 2022
Mahalo and welcome back! We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us!
Great location with great views.William S. from PALM DESERT United States, 02. September 2021 Stayed for 30 days in August, 2021
The Colony Surf is a great building located on the makai side of the main road through the beach area. Quiet and fantastic view from most units. The Canoe Club adjacent to the building does have outdoor volleyball and the courts are used regularly,7 days a week. We were in 908 it’s the smallest unit in the building but we had plenty of room for the two of us. My only negative comment is that the unit was in need of some upgrades. Although everything is working fine the place could use some TLC. Overall a great trip.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate03. September 2021
Thank you for posting a review and recommendation of your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and agree this is a great building with the most fantastic views! We always encourage owners are to update their condos and will pass your comments along. Thank you for choosing to stay with Captain Cook Resorts and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Waikiki visit
Beautiful condo and locationValerie V. from Grinnell United States, 03. August 2021 Stayed for 31 days in July, 2021
We have returned to this condo many times: for us it is the perfect facing and location. Wonderfully cool with a beautiful view of the ocean and Diamond Head, located next to my favorite beach to swim at every morning and for my husband to take early morning walks around Diamond Head. The condo is perfect for hosting two guests for a meal (and a view!). Colony Surf was very accommodating to our requests for parking so that my mother who uses a walker could visit and Captain Cook was responsive to all our concerns.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate03. August 2021
Welcome back and mahalo for taking the time to post a 5 star review and recommendation of this fabulous condo. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay! It makes our day to know our dedicated staff was able to make your vacation from start to finish a wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Colony Surf #908Kathleen B. from Bellingham United States, 17. December 2020 Stayed for 30 days in November, 2020
Just a few suggestions. A number of the light bulbs in lamps were burnt out, the towel rack needed to be fixed, the bathroom sink didn't drain well.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate19. December 2020
Mahalo,for the wonderful review! We apologize for the issues you encountered, thank you for alerting us. In the future please give your property manager an opportunity to remedy any issues while you are still our guest so we can make your stay more enjoyable! I will pass your feedback on to the team and hope to see you on you on your next visit!
Beautiful view, perfect location, comfortable condoValerie V. from Grinnell United States, 02. August 2019 Stayed for 30 days in July, 2019
This is the third time we have rented this condo and it feels like home--a beautiful space where we entertain friends who enjoy the fabulous view and the cool breezes. I can walk down to the beach and go swimming at my favorite beach in 5 minutes.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate02. August 2019
Aloha and welcome back! Mahalo for choosing to stay with Captain Cook Resorts and the great review and recommendation! We're so glad your visit was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Great stay at colony surfEric W. from New Albany United States, 17. July 2019 Stayed for 30 days in June, 2019
We have stayed in this complex before and have always been happy with the accommodations
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate17. July 2019
Welcome Back! Mahalo, Eric, for the wonderful review! Hope you are able to plan a return trip soon!
Our third time staying hereValerie V. from Grinnell United States, 16. August 2018 Stayed for 30 days in July, 2018
This was our third July staying at Colony Surf #908 and we enjoyed it as much as we did the last two summers. I have written two previous enthusiastic reviews about the location, the beautiful view, the great response to any problems. We love staying inn #908.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate16. August 2018
Mahalo and Welcome back! It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hot review!Roger P. from Qualicum Beach Canada, 03. December 2017 Stayed for 30 days in November, 2017
We enjoyed our stay in this unit, very nice that it had been recently updated. We have already booked for next year!
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate04. December 2017
Mahalo for choosing to stay with Captain Cook Resorts and the great review and recommendation! We're so glad your visit was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again.
Wonderful space in a great locationLynn R. from Milford United States, 11. September 2017 Stayed for 37 days in August, 2017
This apartment was the perfect space for me during my 30+ day stay. It also has a beautiful view of the ocean and Diamond Head. I was a bit concerned about not having air conditioning since I was staying the month of August, but there was a great cross breeze most of the time. The additional floor fans and ceilings fans helped as well. The Captain Cook's property manager, Byron, was fantastic and made sure I had everything I needed for my stay. I will not hesitate rebooking the same place for a long term rental in Waikiki.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate11. September 2017
It makes our day to read such an enthusiastic review, Lynn - Mahalo! We’re happy to have provided all of the needs you required for a wonderful vacation! It's what we're here for! We look forward to your next visit!
Beautiful condo, perfect location, responsive agent.Valerie V. from Grinnell United States, 02. August 2017 Stayed for 30 days in July, 2017
We thoroughly enjoyed staying on the 9th floor of Colony Surf on the southeast side--the view was fantastic, but we didn't get the hot afternoon sun, breezes kept us cool. Remodeled kitchen, bathroom, and condo floor surface were all appreciated. Our son who visited slept on the Murphy bed when he visited for 5 days. Our agent, Byron, was extremely helpful and responsive when we needed anything. You can't beat the location of Colony Surf near the best beach in Waikiki (including monk seals) AND a parking space.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate03. August 2017
Mahalo, for the lovely review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you appreciated the location and ocean views of this fabulous condo! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Beautiful view, great locationValerie V. from Grinnell United States, 03. August 2016 Stayed for 30 days in July, 2016
We really enjoy the Diamond Head /Ocean side of Colony Surf which has cool breezes, an a great view. I could go swimming every morning at Sans Souci Beach and my husband took a walk around Diamond Head or Kapiolani Park every morning. And having a parking space is a gem in itself.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate03. August 2016
Mahalo for the wonderful review, Valerie. We're so glad you and your husband enjoyed staying at Colony Surf!
Old Hawaii location on the water; two block walk into WaikikiRichard C. from Hemet United States, 20. August 2014 Stayed for 56 days in June, 2014
Very nice location in the old area of Waikiki; very quiet just a short walking distance through the park along the coast to get to where all the action is in Waikiki. The ocean and Diamond Head view was fantastic; you can hear the surf from the condo. The condo was very clean and well equipped; it stayed cool with a nice cross breeze. We would have loved to stay longer and we would return for another extended stay.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate20. August 2014
Aloha and mahalo for posting a review of your recent stay at Colony Surf! We're happy you enjoyed your stay! Let us know when you're ready to plan your return - "extended" stay! Your friends at Captain Cook Resorts
Wonderful Home away from HomeAnn P. from Victoria United States, 30. November 2013 Stayed for 30 days in October, 2013
Very happy to be away from the masses of other tourists in a locale which was adjacent to the Outrigger Canoe Club and the Elks and on a convenient bus route. Though the accomodation was small it quite suited my needs and was well equipped. The property manager was wonderful, meeting us initially and responding quickly to our needs. I will most assuredly stay there again and would have stayed longer, given the opportunity!
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate03. December 2013
Aloha and mahalo for your comments! We look forward to your return visit! Guest Services - Captain Cook Resorts
908 colony surf a great place to stay !!Tom W. from United States, 23. October 2013 Stayed for 30 days in September, 2013
Very fact great...the gentleman who checked us in/out was very good...prompt ...very helpful...his service made our experience outstanding
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate30. October 2013
Aloha Tom and thank you for your feedback! I'll be sure to let the guest service representative know of your comments! Mahalo, Guest Services Captain Cook Resorts
PerfectWaipahu United States, 29. December 2012 Stayed for 30 days in November, 2012
We absolutely loved our stay. The condo had everything we could want: full kitchen including dishwasher, full sized refrigerator, stove...even washer and dryer. The location was superb...the views excellent. Yes, we would stay here again and again and again...
From 3:00 PM ( 15:00 )
By 11:00 AM ( 11:00 )
Easy Check-In & Check-Out
Enjoy simple Check-In with electronic access code and/or personal check-in service! Easy Self Check-Out!FAQ
List of amenities in this specific property
List of amenities in this specific property
- Arrival Day Flexible (Any Day OK)
- Attractions arboretum, botanical garden, churches, cinemas, coin laundry, duty free shops, library, live theater, marina, museums, playground, rain forests, reefs, restaurants, water parks, waterfalls, zoo
- Basic Amenities toilet
- Business Near Restaurants and Shops, Nearby ATM, Nearby Golf Course, Nearby Post Office
- Convenience Area Fitness Center, Convenience Store Nearby, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Bus Stop, Nearby Supermarket, Outlet Shopping, Restaurant on location, Shopping
- Culture Lighthouse, Military Base, Museums, Symphony Orchestra, Theater
- Dining Area or Dining Room Yes
- Entertainment CD Player, DVD Player, Local/US/Canada Long Distance, Television
- Family Ala Moana Beach Park, Ala Moana Shopping Center, Duke Kahanamoku Beach Park, Fort DeRussy Beach Park, Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park and Beach, Library, Movie Theater, Near Beach, On or Across Street from Beach, Surfing Lessons, Waikiki Aquarium, Waikiki Beach, Water Park
- General amenity Elevator, Free Wi-Fi, Hair Dryer, Internet, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Parking, Towels Provided, Wifi
- Geographic Beachfront, Exceptional Sunsets, Exceptional Views, Near Best Surfing in Waikiki, Near Diamond Head, Near Kapiolani Park, Near Waikiki Aquarium, Oceanfront
- Health and safety Clean with disinfectant, Enhanced cleaning practices, High touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant, No-contact check-in and check-out, Towels and bedding washed in water that's at least 60sC/140sF
- Kitchen Blender, Coffee Maker, Cookware/Dishes/Utensils, Dishes & Utensils, Dishes & Utensils for Kids, Dishwasher, Full Kitchen, Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Rice Cooker, Stove/Cooktop/Hot Plate, Tea Pot/Kettle, Toaster, Washer & Dryer
- Leisure activities beachcombing, bird watching, eco tourism, horseback riding, luaus, outlet shopping, photography, scenic drives, sightseeing, walking, whale watching
- Living Access Bathroom from Living Area, Beach Chairs, Bed linens, towels, beach towels, Clock Radio, Coin Operated Laundry, DVD, Double-Size Wall Bed, FREE Onsite Parking, FREE Wi-Fi / High-Speed Internet, Flatscreen TV, Full Kitchen incl. Dishwasher, Hair Dryer, Iron and Ironing Board, No Smoking, Parking Included, Vacuum Cleaner, Washer/Dryer
- Local services and businesses ATM/bank, fitness center, groceries, hospital, laundromat, massage therapist, medical services
- Location type Beach, Near The Ocean
- Outdoor Beach Walking, Beachcombing, Boating, Boogie Boarding, Fishing, Hiking, No Pool on Property, Ocean Kayaking, Outdoor Shower, Sightseeing, Snorkeling , Surfing, Swim at Ocean Beach, Swimming, Tennis Courts in Park, Walkway to Water
- Safety Carbon monoxide detector, Deadbolt lock on entryway, Fire extinguisher, Smoke detectors
- Sports and adventure activities basketball court, deepsea fishing, fishing, golf, hiking, sailing, scuba diving or snorkeling, snorkeling, surfing, swimming, tennis
- Suitability Minimum Age Limit for Renters (21)
- Suitability children welcome, non smoking only, not suitable for children, pets not allowed
- Theme Adventure, Away From It All, Family, Sports & Activities, Tourist Attractions
Other InfoAdditional information you might be interested in
- Parking Not all condos include free parking. Please see property Description above for details.
- Transfer Getting to Waikīkī from the Airport.
- Travel Notes See COVID-19 Updates & "Our Commitment to Cleanliness".