- PROPERTY DETAILS & AVAILABILITY
- PRICE & RESERVE
Waikiki Sunset #3209 - High floor with AC and Tropical Ko'olau Mountain views! Washlet! Sleeps 4!
Waikiki Sunset #3209
1 Bedroom(s) for 4 guests (max. 4)229 Paoakalani Ave #3209, Honolulu
Waikiki Sunset #3209 – 229 Paoakalani Ave.
(30-Night Minimum. ALL MONTHLY RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL.)
You'll treasure the fabulous mountain views by day and sparkling city lights at night from this 32nd floor, one-bedroom condo (564 sq.ft. plus access to lanai from bedroom with table and chairs) with central AC and natural stone flooring throughout. 4-person max.
– 50" TV
– Queen sleeper sofa
– Stainless steel appliances (sorry, NO dishwasher)
– Quartz counters
– Dining area (seats 4)
– California King bed (sorry, can NOT be made into twins)
– 40" TV
– Walk-in shower with handheld shower wand (no tub)
– Washlet commode
– Granite counters
YOUR RENTAL INCLUDES:
– FREE secured, covered parking for 1 vehicle
– FREE Wi-Fi (60-200 Mbps download; 10 Mbps upload)
– FREE local calls and long distance to the US mainland & Canada
WAIKIKI SUNSET AMENITIES INCLUDE:
– Heated Swimming Pool
– NEW Fitness Center
– NEW Outdoor BBQ Area
– Coin-Operated Laundry Facilities on each floor
– 24-hour Security
– On-site Sundry Store (drinks, snacks, beach equipment rentals, and more)
Just a 10-minute walk to the best swimming and surfing beach in Waikiki, plus shops, restaurants, the Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Aquarium, and Kapiolani Park!
– Honolulu Zoo - 0.3 mi
– Waikiki Aquarium - 0.7 mi
– Kapiolani Regional Park - 0.9 mi
– Diamond Head State Monument - 2.4 mi
– Iolani Palace - 3.6 mi
CHECK-IN IS 3PM — CHECK-OUT IS 11AM
Since another guest may check out the same day you arrive, to guarantee an early Check-In, reserve the condo for the night prior to arrival. For same-day reservations, Check-In Time is guaranteed for 5PM.
No Pets, No Parties, No Smoking and No Vaping (including in the condo, on the balcony/lanai, or in any of the building's public spaces). Violations are subject to a $500 fine, plus actual costs for odor removal or if anything needs replacement due to tar, ashes, or burns.
ALL CAPTAIN COOK RESORTS RENTALS INCLUDE:
– Bath towels, Beach towels, Bed linens
– Dishes, Silverware, Cookware (including tea kettle & rice cooker)
– Beach chairs, Hair dryer, Iron/Ironing board
– Start-Up Supplies: coffee filters, laundry detergent, dish soap, dishwasher soap, bar soap, paper towels, toilet paper, tissue, basic cleaning supplies, and travel size (2 oz.) shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion
– NOT PROVIDED: beach umbrellas, beach toys, aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, coffee, condiments/seasonings, cooking oil, fabric softener, or bleach. This private vacation rental does NOT include resort services such as daily housekeeping, replenishment of towels or toiletry supplies, or hotel front desk services.
Tax ID: TA-057-951-9488-01
- Address 229 Paoakalani Ave #3209, Honolulu
- Parking Not all condos include free parking. Please see property Description above for details.
- Floor 32
- Elevator Yes
- Bathroom 1
- Area 564 ft2
- Beds 1 King, 1 Sleeper
Reviews for this property
Spacious 1 bedroom nice mountain viewsBerkeley United States, 09. July 2022 Stayed for 30 days in June, 2022
I had a great stay in this unit. Property manager was responsive and got things fixed quickly. Housekeeping left a bit to be desired. Although linens were fresh unit needs more frequent deep cleaning of high touch areas, shower, surfaces, floors, upholstery.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate09. July 2022
Mahalo, for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable and you appreciated the mountain views and services of your property manager. It sounds like the housekeeping team missed the ticket on quality control - thank you for alerting us. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on a return visit.
A great locationBeverley P. from North Vancouver Canada, 17. May 2022 Stayed for 51 days in March, 2022
Love the big windows and the location to the beach . It’s perfect .
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate17. May 2022
Mahalo for choosing to stay with Captain Cook Resorts and the great review and recommendation! We're so your visit was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Awesome viewMaria W. from Saskatoon Canada, 12. February 2022 Stayed for 30 days in January, 2022
Vacation rental was clean, well stocked only thing missing is oven mitts or pot holders for hot pans out of the oven. View was amazing over looking the golf course. Quiet close to the zoo. All Covid protocols were being followed in the building. Close to bus stops.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate13. February 2022
Mahalo, for sharing your review with us! We appreciate the feedback and will look forward to your next visit!
Beautiful view, convenient locationHood River United States, 27. January 2022 Stayed for 34 days in December, 2021
Wonderful spacious condo with a gorgeous view of the hills. Pictures don't do it justice! Kitchen has everything you need, location is great - close to the beach, bus stop, ABC store etc. The one drawback was the difficult process for going to the pool (prebooking in advance but not far in advance, paperwork, limited to an hour etc.), which was far and beyond anywhere else we've stayed during Covid. Basically if you want a pool do not stay here. But if that's not super important to you, it's fabulous!
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate27. January 2022
Aloha and Mahalo for the wonderful review! We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable and we exceeded your expectations! Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We were sorry to hear of the problems pre-booking the pool. The building pool restrictions are not associated with Captain Cook Resorts and out of our control. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mountain ViewCraig W. from Honjo Japan, 03. December 2021 Stayed for 30 days in November, 2021
Comfortable and pleasant.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate04. December 2021
Mahalo for choosing to stay with Captain Cook Resorts and and posting your review and recommendation! We're so glad your visit was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again.
Lovely stayHenry H. from Silver Spring United States, 02. March 2020 Stayed for 14 days in February, 2020
Unit as described. Have stayed in other Captain Cook properties and all were top notch. Highly recommend Captain Cook.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate02. March 2020
Aloha and welcome back! Thanks so much for leaving a great 5 star review. Happy to have provided all of the needs you required for a lovely vacation! It's what we're here for! Hope you can enjoy a return trip to our beautiful islands soon!
Beautiful apartment, we will be backJillian W. from Sheidow Park Australia, 14. September 2019 Stayed for 5 days in September, 2019
What a lovely apartment. My husband, step son and I stayed in Waikiki last week for a wedding in this unit. My 8 year old step son loved the pullout couch, which was very easy to pull out and put away during the day. The king size bed was super comfortable. Stunning views up on the 32nd floor, I spent a lot of time on the balcony and we had coffee out there every morning. Nice big shower, with a bench! Easy walk to the beach and the Pink Trolley stop. There is even a shop inside the hotel for food and drinks, and a lovely tiled pool. Next time we are in Waikiki I will book this for sure. I have also recommended it to friends and family.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate16. September 2019
Aloha and mahalo for taking the time to post a 5 star review and recommendation of this fabulous condo. We're delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay! It makes our day to know your vacation from start to finish a wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Excellent placeJohn W. from United States, 16. June 2019 Stayed for 6 days in June, 2019
We had a wonderful trip. It is was myself, my wife, and our 15 year old son. The place was very clean, comfortable, organized, centrally located. It was only a five minute walk to the beach and a 10 minute walk o the strip of lots of shopping. Friendly staff. If we go back we would definitely stay here again if not we would definitely pick another Cook's property.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate17. June 2019
Mahalo for choosing to stay with Captain Cook Resorts and the great review and recommendation! We're so glad your visit was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again.
Great hillside viewsNeil H. from Newstead Australia, 03. May 2019 Stayed for 14 days in April, 2019
A high floor (32) a couple of blocks back from the beach in a quiet location. The apartment faces the hillside with great views. A clean and modern apartment with large bathroom with shower. Open plan living, dining and kitchen. We found the apartment perfect for what we needed e.g you can cook your own meals with full kitchen if needed instead of eating out all the time. It's a five minute walk to the beach and there's an Abc shop just down the road. The block has a pool with sun beds but no umbrellas. Only small negative was the Air con unit was a bit noisy even on lowest fan but it cooled the whole apartment very well. Overall a nice 1 bedroom apartment for a price probably half of what you would pay for a tiny hotel room nearer the beach. We will definitely book this again if we come to Waikiki again.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate03. May 2019
Mahalo, for the wonderful review and recommendation! We're delighted to have provided all of the needs you required for an enjoyable stay! It makes our day to read such an enthusiastic review and we're so glad that you appreciated the convenient location and amenities of this fabulous condo! I will pass your feedback on to the team. We look forward to your next visit!
Amazing apartment, fantastic amenities, great locationTamara M. from Knoxfield Australia, 18. November 2018 Stayed for 8 days in October, 2018
Just 2 blocks from the beach, close to restaurants, shops cafe. Building has its own mini shop. Very convenient. Property itself was beautiful, everything you would need. modern and comfortable. Absolutely beautiful highly recommend
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate19. November 2018
Aloha and mahalo for taking the time to post a 5 star review and recommendation of this fabulous condo. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the convenient location of this amazing condo! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Love HawaiiMary H. from Adelaide Australia, 29. August 2018 Stayed for 16 days in August, 2018
well kept apartment. the only two issues we had was the air con wasn't very effective so we had the doors open. Which made it impossible to sleep with the noise outside and within the building.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate29. August 2018
Mahalo, Mary, for the wonderful review! We apologize for the Air conditioner problem, thank you for alerting us. In the future please give your property manager an opportunity to remedy any issues while you are still our guest so we can make your stay more enjoyable! The Waikiki Sunset has central air conditioning, which is a building maintenance repair issue, once they were made aware of the problem it was repaired. I will pass your feedback on to the team and hope to see you on your next visit.
Great placeCammeray Australia, 10. July 2018 Stayed for 3 days in July, 2018
We had 3 nights at this location and really enjoyed it. Good location, very nice little apartment with great views of the golf course, canal and mountains beyond.
Response from Captain Cook Real Estate10. July 2018
Mahalo, for the lovely review and for choosing to stay with Captain Cook Resorts during your recent visit to Waikiki. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you appreciated the location and views of this great condo! We look forward to your next visit!
From 3:00 PM ( 15:00 )
By 11:00 AM ( 11:00 )
Easy Check-In & Check-Out
Enjoy simple Check-In with electronic access code and/or personal check-in service! Easy Self Check-Out!FAQ
List of amenities in this specific property
List of amenities in this specific property
- Arrival Day Flexible (Any Day OK)
- Attractions arboretum, botanical garden, churches, cinemas, coin laundry, duty free shops, library, live theater, marina, museums, playground, rain forests, reefs, restaurants, water parks, waterfalls, zoo
- Basic Amenities sleep sofa, toilet
- Business Near Restaurants and Shops, Nearby ATM, Nearby Golf Course, Nearby Post Office
- Convenience Area Fitness Center, Convenience Store Nearby, Convenience store on site, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Bus Stop, Nearby Supermarket, Outlet Shopping, Shopping
- Culture Lighthouse, Military Base, Museums, Symphony Orchestra, Theater
- Dining Area or Dining Room Yes
- Entertainment Cable Television, Local/US/Canada Long Distance, Satellite / Cable, TV in Bedroom, Television
- Family Ala Moana Beach Park, Ala Moana Shopping Center, Duke Kahanamoku Beach Park, Fort DeRussy Beach Park, Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park and Beach, Library, Movie Theater, Near Beach, Surfing Lessons, Waikiki Aquarium, Waikiki Beach, Water Park
- General amenity Air Conditioning, Elevator, Fitness Room / Equipment, Free Wi-Fi, Hair Dryer, Internet, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Living Room, Parking, Telephone, Towels Provided, Wifi
- Geographic 4-Minute Walk To Beach
- Health and safety Clean with disinfectant, Enhanced cleaning practices, High touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant, No-contact check-in and check-out, Towels and bedding washed in water that's at least 60sC/140sF
- Kitchen Blender, Coffee Maker, Cookware/Dishes/Utensils, Dishes & Utensils, Dishes & Utensils for Kids, Full Kitchen, Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Rice Cooker, Stove, Stove/Cooktop/Hot Plate, Tea Pot/Kettle, Toaster
- Leisure activities beachcombing, bird watching, eco tourism, horseback riding, luaus, outlet shopping, photography, scenic drives, sightseeing, walking, whale watching
- Living Access Bathroom from Living Area, Beach Chairs, Bed linens, towels, beach towels, California King bed, Central AC, Clock Radio, Coin Operated Laundry, FREE Wi-Fi / High-Speed Internet, Hair Dryer, Handheld Shower Wand, Iron and Ironing Board, Laundry Facilities on Site, No Smoking, Parking, Queen Sleeper Sofa, Vacuum Cleaner, Window A/C
- Local services and businesses ATM/bank, fitness center, groceries, hospital, laundromat, massage therapist, medical services
- Location type Beach, Downtown, Mountain View, Near The Ocean
- Outdoor Beach Walking, Beachcombing, Boating, Boogie Boarding, Deep Sea Fishing, Fishing, Gym/Fitness Center on Site, Heated Pool, Hiking, Ocean Kayaking, Shared BBQ Facilities, Sightseeing, Snorkeling , Surfing, Swim at Ocean Beach, Swimming, Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts in Park
- Outside Balcony, Tennis
- Pool spa Communal Pool
- Safety Deadbolt lock on entryway, Fire extinguisher, Smoke detectors
- Sports and adventure activities basketball court, deepsea fishing, fishing, golf, hiking, paragliding, sailing, scuba diving or snorkeling, snorkeling, surfing, swimming, tennis
- Suitability children welcome, non smoking only, pets not allowed
- Suitability Minimum Age Limit for Renters (21)
- Theme Adventure, Away From It All, Budget, Family, Sports & Activities, Tourist Attractions
Other InfoAdditional information you might be interested in
- Parking Not all condos include free parking. Please see property Description above for details.
- Transfer Getting to Waikīkī from the Airport.
- Travel Notes See COVID-19 Updates & "Our Commitment to Cleanliness".