Our Waikiki Vacation Rentals vs. A Typical Waikiki Hotel Room
Why would you choose one of our Waikiki Vacation Rentals over a Waikiki Hotel Room?
One of our guests put it best: "Why stay in a hotel when you can rent a condo for the same price?" Or less in most cases!
What Waikiki hotels may charge for that we don't:
1. We don't have daily amenity or resort fees that most hotels typically charge $25-30 a day additional.
2. We don't charge you additional fees after checkout or try to hide fees. You see all the fees upfront, no surprises on while on vacation.
3. We don't charge for parking for most of our rentals. Most rentals include FREE parking! That's right we said it! FREE!!!
4. We don't charge for additional guests. 2 guests is the same rate as 4 guests. No additional fees!
Example(Hotel website quote below): Same dates, same room, but 1 additional guest = higher rate, in this case $51.34 per night higher. Same room, same space, increased price. We don't do that at Captain Cook.
Please compare the TOTAL amount after adding resort fees, parking fees, and possibly any additional fees added at checkout.
NOTE: Most prices will not include many of these fees in the total since they are charged "daily" so you will only see after you checkout, adding to the REAL total price. If you do not stay with us, please ask about any additional fees before booking with someone else. No one likes surprises, especially on vacation. Well...unless the surprise is a free Mai Tai! or late check out!
Below you can see what you get when you book your vacation rental with us.
|Typical 1 Bedroom Waikiki Vacation Rental (Captain Cook)||Rental Amenities|
|- More space (additonal square footage)
- Full Size Refrigerator
- Stove Top
- Dishwasher(most rentals)
- Flat Screen TV
- Separate Bedroom
- Laundry In-Room/On-Site
- Daily Resort Fee $0 (None)
- FREE WiFi
- FREE Parking for most rentals
- Price is the same or less and you get so much more
|Typical Waikiki Vacation Rental Studio (Captain Cook)|
- More space (additonal square footage)
Typical Waikiki Hotel Room
- Flat Screen TV
Not sure if a hotel room or a vacation rental is for you?
Why and when would you choose a vacation rental?
- Staying 4 nights or more
- You like extra space. Vacation rentals typically have much more square footage than an equally priced hotel (if you can even find one)
- You like having a refrigerator that you can put food and drinks in
- You would like to have the option of cooking for yourself, family, and/or friends
- You may want to do laundry
- You like all the comforts of home and being able to pack light since everything you need is normally provided
- You enjoy real glasses, silverware, and plates.
- Traveling with friends and/or family
- You plan on renting a car
When would you choose a hotel?
- Short stay 1 to 2 nights
- You plan on eating out every night
- You enjoy daily maid service
- You don't plan on needing laundry
- You like to buy all the essentials when you land or bring them with you from home.
- You prefer disposable glass, plate, and silverware.
- You don't plan on renting a car